Writing Goals/ Vocabulary

Goals

1.) Using Syntactic Devices to score higher in idea development and content

2.) Improving my conclusions in essays by using a reflection technique

3.) Posting at least one poetry piece on my blog each month, wither to be graded , or just for fun

4.) Making sure that my next writing piece is error free and is proof read by more than one person.


Vocab

-Ornate- Elaborate, kind of complicated
-Deft- skillful, handy or clever. deft hands; a deft mechanic.
-Addle- to confuse
-Contrive- to affect, plot, or imitate
-Ease- free of pain
-Aghast- horrified, dumbfounded
Dictionary



Monday, May 16, 2011

Time

Author's Note: I miss poetry so I decided to write a poem. I wrote it on a day where I was very stressed and I hope anyone who reads this can relate.

Tomorrow's already here
Yesterday isn't yet gone
Today has barely started
When it slowly draws to an end
Without a goal to look forward to
Time flies hopelessly
Does it stop-
to let you catch up
to let you go back
to where you messed up
Time doesn't stop
and tomorrow is nearing
Yesterday will forever be a memory
So keep track of today
and don't let it pass you
Think of a goal
to look forward to meeting
Then YOU control time
Deal with it wisely

4 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate to your poem. I think that you did a great job and I really liked your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great theme to write about: the passage of time. Perhaps getting to the goal isn't important if we are enjoying the process it takes to get there. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was really good. I could really feel emotion in that piece. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to this piece very well. You did a great job writing it, and I like your word choice. I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete